Careers in Palm Beach
Careers in Palm Beach
OnSpot Dermatology is seeking full-time medical assistants to launch an exciting new dermatology concept in southwest Florida!
OnSpot Dermatology is a new innovative mobile dermatology practice. We provide on-the-spot full-service dermatology care at resident communities utilizing two 40' mobile medical clinics in the areas of Fort Myers, Bonita Springs and Naples. Our mission is to improve access to dermatologic care while making appointments convenient, efficient, patient-centered and safe. Our state-of-the-art mobile medical vehicles have private exam rooms, surgical suites, a reception desk with waiting area, a wheelchair lift and a fully integrated Mohs surgical lab. In far-duct UVC lighting, effective against eliminating bacteria, viruses and mold, has been installed to combat the spread of COVID-19.
Are you a medical assistant with experience in dermatology looking for a change? Are you tired of long work days centered around corporate-driven metrics? Did you get into healthcare to assist in true patient-centered care? Join our team!
Ideal candidates must be a self-starter and able to function as a team, be dependable, flexible, trustworthy and provide excellent customer service. This position is full time and hours will vary from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
If you were to be offered a job with OnSpot, this is what your day may look like:
- Meet our mobile medical vehicle on-site at a resident community
- Room and intake patients completing the medical history, chief complaint and review of systems
- Scribe for the provider during patient exams
- Assist the provider as needed on medical procedures such as biopsies, LN2 treatment and surgical excisions
- Assist the provider as needed on minor cosmetic procedures such as botox and fillers
- Order lab testing, as requested by the provider
- Ensure all specimens are meticulously labeled, processed and sent to the appropriate lab
- Check medical supplies and reorder as needed
- Contact patients with results and discuss provider recommendations
- Communicate with patients regarding prescription refills and other questions, triaging to the provider when needed
- Place recalls in the system or schedule follow-up appointments when needed
- Be willing to perform duties outside your normal job description when you have available hours
- Smile, converse and treat all patients in a warm and friendly manner
OnSpot Medical Assistants are a critical part of the healthcare team, providing the first “clinical” impression and representing the provider they are working with. OnSpot is a new concept in health care that brings the practice directly to the patients to make it convenient for residents to see a provider. Our highly-trained dermatology providers conduct skin cancer screenings, biopsy suspicious lesions, treat skin disorders, surgically manage of premalignant and malignant skin lesions as well as perform injectable cosmetic procedures. Join the wave of modern healthcare, apply today!
1 year of prior clinical dermatology experience with prior EMA/Modernizing Medicine Experience preferred. Post-bacc students looking for direct patient care experience in preparation for physician assistant and nurse-practitioner programs are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour