Why OnSpot for Communities?
to the community
Communities have the ability to host a much needed service for residents at zero cost. OnSpot knows how busy the days of a General Manager, Lifestyle Director or Activities Director can be. OnSpot works to make our Derma Drive™ events as effortless as possible for the community.
OnSpot handles all aspects of a Derma Drive™
OnSpot handles marketing material, appointments, scheduling, procedures, billings and follow ups. We do not need any space inside the community center or clubhouse or any power from facilities. We simply need a parking space.
It is recommended by the American Academy of Dermatology that Americans over the age of 25 see a dermatologist annually. This is because skin cancer is the most common form of cancer and 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer by the age of 70.
Everybody Wins with OnSpot
Patients receive convenient, affordable and quality care with OnSpot's mobile medical clinics and telemedicine application.
Communities have the ability to bring a great event to their community and have happy and healthy residents.
In 2021, OnSpot will visit:
from Tampa to Naples
How does an OnSpot Derma Drive™ work?
OnSpot has the ability to see anywhere from 40 to 60 patients per day. We book Derma Drive™ dates with communities based on how many residents live there. We can visit your community once every two weeks, once per month or once per year. OnSpot will work collaboratively with your Lifestyle Director on scheduling.
30 Days Before Derma Drive™
- OnSpot provides Lifestyle Directors with marketing material. This includes flyers on the event, videos and information on our providers for which they can share on their community Facebook page, newsletters, email blasts, bulletin boards or TV station.
- OnSpot creates a custom URL to share with each community that residents can use to self-schedule an appointment. Residents can also call 877-2-ONSPOT to book an appointment.
- All resident insurance paperwork is done beforehand to minimize time inside the mobile clinic.
3 Days Before Derma Drive™
- OnSpot sends email and text message reminders to residents that have booked an appointment.
Day of Derma Drive™
- OnSpot has all appointments set up prior to the day of the Derma Drive™; however, we can accept walk-ins.
- We will typically stay at a community from 8AM to 6PM to see as many residents as possible.
- There will be a full medical team on the day of the Derma Drive™ that includes providers, medical assistants, receptionist and greeter at the front entrance of the vehicle. The greeter is there to direct patient traffic and answer any questions from walk-ins.
- Our clinics are designed to provide treatment for any skin condition. This includes skin cancer screenings, acne and psoriasis treatment, and even cosmetic procedures like Botox® and fillers.
Day After Derma Drive™
- OnSpot sends a patient survey after each appointment to understand how we can improve our services.
- OnSpot invests in a patient portal that allows patients to receive test results, manage prescriptions and keep in touch with their provider.
- OnSpot invests in a Telehealth platform that allows patients to schedule a follow-up appointment at any time.
OnSpot's mobile clinics are equipped to treat any skin condition. Our experienced medical team is trained to provide everything from skin cancer screenings to eczema and psoriasis treatments to Botox® and fillers. You can read more about our services using the link below.
OnSpot Delivers Dermatology Two Ways
We bring dermatology to you by hosting Derma Drive™ events in a convenient location, whether it be your place of work, community, shopping mall or church. OnSpot can travel anywhere.
We make it easy for patients to stay regularly connected with us through virtual appointments via OnSpot's telemedicine application. OnSpot can be contacted anywhere.